Study Gold Coast is currently preparing to launch the Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival which is held at the beginning of May.
A few highlights from Study Gold Coast, and the international and domestic education sector:
- The Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival is held 3rd May – 6th May, with a variety of education and career-focussed workshops facilitated around the Gold Coast.
- Find your path at The Gold Coast Careers Expo, on Thursday 5th May. This is the largest and most comprehensive careers event on the Gold Coast.
- Study Gold Coast’s focus on the Chinese student market is paying dividends for the city’s education providers with one of China’s largest universities currently exploring partnership opportunities here.
- The 12 winners from Our ‘Gold Coast to China – an education experience’ campaign will be visiting the city in July and August to sample the best of our education and lifestyle offerings.
- Study Gold Coast has welcomed the unveiling of the Health and Knowledge Precinct masterplan stating that the site is a ‘game-changer’ for the city’s global reputation as an education and research hub.
Find education news and details below, from around the Gold Coast and across the world.
Chief Executive Officer – Study Gold Coast
Students can experience a day in the life of a current university student, learn how to write a professional resume and prepare for a job interview, get inspired by passionate speakers and take a tour of prospective employer’s workplaces.
A few workshops to be highlighted at the Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival are:
- Bond University – The Future of “Work”: Which jobs will Thrive?
- Southern Cross University – Exploring Teaching as a Career
- Southern Cross University – Create your lucky career break!
- Griffith University – Inspire your future
- TAFE – Creative Connect
The festival is a comprehensive event suitable to high school students, job seekers, career changers, and those looking to re-train or upskill. To see a detailed list of all the workshops on offer, please click here:
Please note some of these events have registration deadlines so get in quick to make sure you don’t miss out. We encourage you to get involved and take advantage of these great opportunities.
Event with Futurist Bernard Salt – The Gold Coast’s Education Imperative – Tuesday 19th April
Study Gold Coast is excited to launch the Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival with this FREE partners-only breakfast presented by Griffith University.
This is a special opportunity for our organisation and city alike, as it is the first time Bernard Salt has engaged exclusively with the education sector.
The Gold Coast’s Education Imperative is a chance for passionate educators to connect and collaborate with like-minded individuals and share ideas for the future of education on the Gold Coast.
If you’re a Study Gold Coast member or a school attending the 2016 Gold Coast Careers Expo, we would love to host you at this free event. For details and to register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/the-gold-coasts-education-imperative-with-bernard-salt-tickets-23385187726
Gold Coast Careers Expo – Thursday 5thMay
The Gold Coast Careers Expo is the signature event at the Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival. It is the largest and most comprehensive careers event on the Gold Coast.
There are some exciting changes to the Expo this year – to complement the education and training space, there is also an employment precinct and an interactive hair and beauty space.
Students will have the opportunity to connect with industry leaders, including: City of Gold Coast, 2018 Commonwealth Games, James Frizelle’s Automotive Group, Defense Force Recruitment, Star Entertainment and NAB.
If you’re a Gold Coast employer or education and training institution interested in being an exhibitor at the Gold Coast Careers Expo, please contact mohit
Visit our website www.studygoldcoast.org.au for more information on the Gold Coast Careers and Employment Festival and Gold Coast Careers Expo or follow us on social media: Weibo (weibo.com/studygc), WeChat (web.wechat.com/studygoldcoast), Facebook (facebook.com/StudyGoldCoast.Australia), Instagram (instagram.com/studygoldcoast), LinkedIn (linkedin.com /studygoldcoast) and Twitter (twitter.com/studygoldcoast).
Our Student Ambassadors
On the 23rd February, Mayor Tom Tate unveiled the 14 students selected as 2016 international student ambassadors for the Gold Coast.
The Welcome BBQ at Paradox Roasters Café was a great success – with over 100 students in attendance!