AU Scholarship for MN

See other AU Scholarships: 


Australia’s high level of commitment to the internationalisation of education and training is reflected in the range of scholarships available to international students.

Australian Government Funded Scholarships

Tourism and Hospitality Scholarships

AusAID Scholarships

Australian University Scholarships

Other Funding Sources


Australian Government Funded Scholarships
The Australian Government funds a range of scholarships and fellowships through the Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs (DETYA) to assist Australian students to study overseas and to assist international students to study in Australia. Information summarising the benefits, eligibility criteria and application details of these, and other awards, can be found at: the Australian Department of Education, Training and Youth Affairs (DETYA) website:
International Awards and Exchanges
Research Funding Schemes
an Australian Education Centre or Australian Diplomatic Mission in your country. Go to the

AEI Offshore Network page for further details; or relevant Australian education and training institutions. Some of the major awards offered to international students include:

Australian-American Educational Foundation (Fulbright Exchange Program) Australian-European Awards Program (AEAP) Scholarships
Australia Taiwan Industry Fellowships
Australian Government Scholarships (Japan)
Australian Government Scholarships (Korea)
Australian Government Scholarships (Malaysia)
Australia Indonesia Merdeka Fellowships
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
Australian Postdoctoral Fellowships
Australian Research Fellowships
Queen Elizabeth II Awards Senior
Research Fellowships
Tourism and Hospitality Scholarships
Australia has a growing international reputation as a provider of education and training to the Tourism and Hospitality industry. Courses are available from front desk operations and kitchen to the most senior levels of management. Tourism and Hospitality training in Australia is based on the skill requirements of employers and academic performance. Education and training pathways, created by the articulation of awards under the national Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), allow students to improve their qualifications as they progress through their career.
A range of scholarships have now been provided by prominent institutions providing education and training to the Tourism and Hospitality industry. Information on these scholarships and the institutions that provide them is available in a new booklet recently released by Australian Education International. The booklet is available from AEI’s International Network, or send an email to AEI. A summary of the contents of the booklet is available in the attached PDF (300kb) file.

Top of Page

Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) Scholarships The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) offers the Australian Development Scholarship (ADS) for international students to study at Australian universities and vocational education and training institutions. ADS scholarships enable international students from developing countries to gain knowledge and skills which will help the development of their home country when they return. For information on ADS contact the Australian Education Centre or Australian Diplomatic Mission in your country or look on the AusAID web site.
Australian University Scholarships
Australian universities offer a range of postgraduate scholarships to international students predominantly targeting Doctoral and Masters Degrees by research. The course of study and financial support is determined by the university. You should contact the relevant university to obtain further information on the scholarships available.

next page >>

Other Funding Sources
There are a number of organisations offering scholarships for international study. The “Association of Commonwealth Universities Scholarships Guide for Commonwealth Postgraduate Students” lists scholarships offered by governments, Rotary International, the World Bank, World Health Organisation, Asian Development Bank, United Nations, Rockefeller Foundation and other organisations. Rotary International, for example, offers Ambassadorial Scholarships each year for study around the world.
It may be possible for you to arrange sponsorships, privately, in your home country.
Many private and public organisations offer cadetships which cover study costs. Cadetships have the advantage of assisting students in networking with industry professionals in their chosen area. A cadetship involves an organisation sponsoring an individual to undertake a mixture of full or part-time study and part or full-time employment with the organisation providing the sponsorship.
The procedure for getting admission to Australia and the institution of your choice compares favourably with most other countries.
Applying for Admission into Australia and an Institution
Step 1 You should visit or ring the Australian Education Centre (AEC) or Australian Diplomatic Mission (ADM) in your country. There you will find someone who will be able to discuss your choices with you and answer questions you may have. Locations of Australian Education Centres and Diplomatic Missions in your country is available on the AEI Contacts page. Step 2 You can get application forms for the institution(s) which are of interest to you through the Australian Education Centre or Australian Diplomatic Mission. Alternatively you can ring, write, fax or email the institution(s) in which you are interested. SEARCH for an Institution
Step 3 The Australian Education Centre, Australian Diplomatic Mission or institution will give you an application to fill in and advise you what documentation you will need to prepare. They will also advise whether you will be required to take an English language proficiency test.
Step 4 Most application forms ask you to provide additional information, including: full details of previous study, including copies of qualifications already awarded to you the name of the course for which you are applying and your second and third preferences evidence of your proficiency in English the name of the person or organisation who will be responsible for paying your fees.

Top of Page

Step 5 The institution will advise you if you have been successful in your request for admission. If successful the institution will send you an enrolment letter. Institutions may also be able to grant provisional acceptance on the basis of previous academic performance in anticipation that your final examination results do not differ greatly from the grades already attained.
Step 6 Now you can begin the visa application process. The Australian Education Centre or Australian Diplomatic Mission will give you advice and assistance in preparing your application. You will be asked to have a medical examination as part of the visa process. Special forms will be provided for the doctor to complete.
Step 7 At about this point (and before a visa can be issued) you will also be required to pay a compulsory medical insurance fee (the Overseas Student Health Cover – OSHC) to pay for any medical or hospital treatment which you may need during your stay in Australia. You may also be asked to visit an Australian Diplomatic Mission for an interview as part of the visa process.
Step 8 Shortly after this you will be told whether your visa application has been successful. If so you will get a “multiple entry” visa allowing you to travel backwards and forwards to Australia within the period for which it has been granted. That period will depend on the course for which you have been accepted.
Step 9 You are on your way. When the institution sends you notice of your admission it may include information about the city you are going to, its climate, your likely clothing requirements, information about local customs, shopping facilities, accommodation, transport, banking, mail and telephone services, the estimated cost of living and the amount of money you should bring with you when you first arrive, arrangements for your welcome and settling-in period and the date by which you are expected to arrive.


Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment – Requirement for Grant of a Student Visa

The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECOE) system was introduced in July 2000 in order to overcome the limitations of the old paper-based system.
DIMA is ending the transitional arrangement operating from July 2000, where either an ECOE or an old-style paper Confirmation of Enrolment has been accepted as evidence of enrolment.
From 2 January 2001, DIMA requires applicants for a visa to study in Australia to produce evidence of an ECOE to the DIMA office or overseas post processing the visa application.
From 2 January 2001, DIMA will not accept an old-style paper Confirmation of Enrolment as evidence of enrolment in an approved course of study. An old-style paper-based Confirmation of Enrolment will only be accepted as evidence of enrolment if issued prior to 2 January 2001, for a course commencing prior to June 2001 and if presented to DIMA in connection with a visa application before the end of February 2001.
However, documentary requirements for AusAID and secondary exchange students will not change. These students are not required to produce a Confirmation of Enrolment for the grant of a student visa. Non-gazetted country applicants applying offshore are generally* required to have their genuineness assessed on the basis of a letter of offer. This is commonly known as the pre-visa assessment (PVA) process. An ECOE should not be lodged with such initial student visa applications. In these circumstances applicants and providers should wait for advice on the outcome of the PVA process by the visa office before sending an ECOE.
* Some posts have special processing arrangements with providers and PVA does not operate.
Providers should note that a hard copy of the ECOE must be provided to the applicant/agent in order for the ECOE to be found in the immigration system and the visa to be granted. The hard copy can be mailed or faxed to the applicant/agent for direct lodgement with the student visa application (for gazetted country applicants).

Top of Page

Health Insurance Cover
Other Forms of Insurance Overseas Student Health Cover
Australia has a very good health care system. All Australians pay a levy (small additional tax) to fund Medicare which makes sure that everyone gets access to the public system of doctors, hospitals and other health care services. Some also pay extra into a health insurance fund which means that they can use private health care services as well. As well as the usual services available in just about any Australian suburb or town most Australian institutions also provide special health care services and advice for students.
Why You Need Overseas Student Health Cover
International students studying in Australia must have adequate arrangements in Australia for health insurance. Australia has a special system of health care cover for international students. This is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and you are required to have this for the duration of your student visa in Australia.
What Does it Cost?
The cost of OSHC will depend on how long you will be in Australia. If your spouse and/or dependant children are accompanying you to Australia you will need to pay a family premium. The premiums for OSHC in Australian dollars until December 2000 are:

  Up to 3 Months Up to 6 Months Up to 9 Months Up to 12 Months
Student Only $74 $148 $212 $274
Student and Family $148 $296 $424 $548

Top of Page

How do I get Overseas Student Health Cover?
OSHC is available from registered Australian health funds who have signed a DEED with the Department of Health and Aged Care. Health funds that have signed the Deed and are currently offering OSHC are:
* Medibank Private.
* Teachers Union Health Fund sub-contracting to Worldcare Assist.
* AXA Australian Health Insurance sub-contracting to IMAN International Pty Ltd.

Students may also take out additional cover in the form of Extra OSHC and students who could not previously access OSHC may now access Optional OSHC . Some students may be exempt from enrolling in the OSHC.
When you Arrive in Australia
You pay your OSHC premium before coming to Australia. When you arrive in Australia you confirm your OSHC membership with your registered OSHC provider. You will also need to complete an “Application for OSHC” which is available from your registered OSHC provider and most educational institutions. Your registered OSHC provider will need to see your passport for identification purposes and to ensure that the dates of your cover are correct.
Short Course Students
If you come to Australia on a visa other than a student visa and undertake a short course of study of three months duration or less you will not be eligible for OSHC. It is wise to purchase travel or private medical insurance in this case.
Extending Your Cover
You must have OSHC to cover the full period of your stay in Australia. This means that you must renew your cover each time you re-enrol to study or each 12 months. Benefits are not paid during any period when OSHC membership lapses. When you are approaching the final period of study up to 18 month premiums will be accepted. Most educational institutions will send renewal premiums to registered OSHC providers on behalf of students. Cover is then renewed and the OSHC provider issues a new membership card automatically.
What is Covered
OSHC provides:


See other AU Scholarships: 

Хариу Үлдээх

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

Та гэсэн бүртгэлээрээ сэтгэгдэл бичиж байна. Гарах /  Өөрчлөх )

Google photo

Та Google гэсэн бүртгэлээрээ сэтгэгдэл бичиж байна. Гарах /  Өөрчлөх )

Twitter picture

Та Twitter гэсэн бүртгэлээрээ сэтгэгдэл бичиж байна. Гарах /  Өөрчлөх )

Facebook photo

Та Facebook гэсэн бүртгэлээрээ сэтгэгдэл бичиж байна. Гарах /  Өөрчлөх )

Connecting to %s